Many folks have only heard about the Monorail, but never seen it in actual. On the other side, Metro rail is available in many countries (previously available to only a few countries).
The purpose of both Monorail and Metro Rail is to make the mass transit system more convenient and fast.
Monorail and Metro Rail are different in speed, design and cost. However both are derived from the same concept, which was originated from the problem of congested routes and lots of stoppages in between the tracks. The congested tracks and traffic were giving a big delay while traveling from one place to another. Both the trains are made from light-weight material, so that they can run at a very high-speed, while carrying a thousands of passengers.
Both Metro rail and Monorail run on independent tracks, and their speed is very high as compared to the conventional trains. But when comparing in between, metro rail is more faster than the monorail.
1. Both Monorail and Metro rail runs at a very high speed as compared to the conventional trains
2. Both are made-up of light weight material, which can help in improving their speed
3. Both makes the mass transit system more convenient and fast
4. Both trains run by using electricity as a fuel, and hence no petroleum product gets wasted
1. Metro rail and Monorail run on independent tracks
2. Monorail costs less than the Metrorail.
3. Speed of Monorail is low than the Metrorail.
4. Monorails capacity is about 10000 passengers per hour, while Metrorail has a capacity of 40000 passengers.
5. The fare in Monorail is comparatively low than the Metrorail.
Here are the example photos of Monorail :
Here are the example photos of Metro Rail :