Charge Coupled Device (CCD) Camera and Closed Circuit TeleVision (CCTV) Camera are used in producing good quality Digital Video Recordings and Still Photos (for the surveillance purposes).
Complementary Metal Oxide Semiconductor (CMOS) Camera are also used for the same purpose but they provide little poor quality as compared to the CCD/CCTV Cameras. In a CMOS Camera Sensor, each pixel has its own charge to voltage conversion, noise correction, amplifier, digitization circuits and chip output bits.
CCD/CCTV camera are of two types : Digital and Analogue, which are able to send the signals to any PC/Laptop or a Storage Device like Tape Recorder. While CMOS Camera can be plugged to any USB Device, to get all data from the camera.
Here are some major differences between CCD/CCTV and CMOS Cameras :
1. CCTV/CCD Cameras are made up of semiconductors, capacitors and sensors which produce little better videos and photos as compared to the CMOS Cameras.
2. CCD/CCTV Cameras are more sensitive and expensive than the CMOS Cameras.
3. CCD Camera consumes more power than the CMOS Camera.
4. While comparing the cost, CCD Camera costs more than the CMOS Camera.
5. CMOS Sensors are more susceptible to Noise as compared to the CCD Cameras. This noise can contribute to gap in the image quality.
Here is the comparison of Image quality of CCD and CMOS Camera :
I have seen folks looking for the android apps which can let them call free in United Stated and Canada, if not all then at least the toll-free ones.
GrooVe IP uses Google Voice service to call any phone number. [Google Voice provides unlimited calls to United States (US) and Canada, and cheaper international calls].
Though there is an Official Android Version of Google Voice, but it only connects with your Google Account and doesn’t provide a Smartphone VOIP features like Google Voice on Gmail or Skype.
But now with GrooVe IP app you can use your Google Voice account and call all the phone numbers directly from your Android Smartphone. This android software supports receiving and making calls over the Wi-Fi or 3G/4G network, so their is no need to worry about the voice minutes. You can also use this app to make free calls to any US Toll-Free number from your Android Phone or Tablet PC.
Groove IP app is really useful when you are in Wi-Fi Hostspot region or using 3G connection. This app syncs your all your Phone Contacts, and contains a separate dialer in it.
Here is the method for installing and making call by Groove IP :
1. Install Groove IP app on your Phone
2. Now Sign-in by using your Google Account Credentials (which has Google Voice Enabled).
3. Now you can either use your Phonebook or Dial a number to make any call.
Many folks have only heard about the Monorail, but never seen it in actual. On the other side, Metro rail is available in many countries (previously available to only a few countries).
The purpose of both Monorail and Metro Rail is to make the mass transit system more convenient and fast.
Monorail and Metro Rail are different in speed, design and cost. However both are derived from the same concept, which was originated from the problem of congested routes and lots of stoppages in between the tracks. The congested tracks and traffic were giving a big delay while traveling from one place to another. Both the trains are made from light-weight material, so that they can run at a very high-speed, while carrying a thousands of passengers.
Both Metro rail and Monorail run on independent tracks, and their speed is very high as compared to the conventional trains. But when comparing in between, metro rail is more faster than the monorail.
1. Both Monorail and Metro rail runs at a very high speed as compared to the conventional trains
2. Both are made-up of light weight material, which can help in improving their speed
3. Both makes the mass transit system more convenient and fast
4. Both trains run by using electricity as a fuel, and hence no petroleum product gets wasted
1. Metro rail and Monorail run on independent tracks
2. Monorail costs less than the Metrorail.
3. Speed of Monorail is low than the Metrorail.
4. Monorails capacity is about 10000 passengers per hour, while Metrorail has a capacity of 40000 passengers.
5. The fare in Monorail is comparatively low than the Metrorail.
Warranty and Guarantee are similar things, In terms of service to a product or service.
Guarantee is an assurance document given by the Seller/Manufacturer that ensures the replacement of whole product without repairing it. Guarantee is rarely given by the sellers as it is not feasible to replace all products free of cost. If the sellers provide Guarantee, then it is for a very short time.
Warranty is also an assurance document given by the Seller, but it only ensures that the covered parts get repaired under warranty period. A manufacturer may or may not charge for the warranty. Companies will replace the products, only if the fault is unrepairable.
Warranty is of 2 types
1. Full Warranty
2. Limited Warranty
Full Warranty : Full warranty means, all the parts of the product are covered under the warranty, and whenever fault happens with that product, it will get repaired.
Limited Warranty : Limited warranty means, either only a few parts are covered under warranty or warranty is restricted to normal conditions. e.g. In some products, fault occurred due to Shocks are not covered under warranty.
1. Guarantee is provided in addition to the Warranty.
2. Warranty may or may not be chargeable, but Guarantee is provided free along with the product
3. Warranty ensures the fault in product gets repaired*, but Guarantee ensures the total product replacement.
4. Warranty is provided for a longer period than the Guarantee
4. Warranty can be renewed, but 5uarantee can’t be renewed after its expiry.
* If a company fails to rectify the fault in the product, then it may replace the whole product.
These days there are number of smartphones available in the market, and people often get confused which one to buy among them.
First of all, keep in mind that buying a Mobile Phone is not a big deal, but buying a Smartphone is just like the status symbol.
You should always choose a mobile phone which can maintain your status-symbol, and also fits into your budget. But remember, you have to be careful while choosing a cheaper mobile phone, otherwise that cheap mobile phone can turn into your mistake.
To ease your selection of good mobile phones under Rs.5000 / $100 budget, we have done a market research and found following 5 phones which are value for money and provides features like a Smartphone.
1. Nokia C2-03 Touch and Type (Price : Rs. 4425 / $88) :
Nokia C2-03 is a Dual Sim S40 Phone. The main feature of this phone is “Easy Swap SIM support”, by which you don’t need to restart your phone to change the SIM Card.
Application Specific Password is a type of security provided by Google, by which you can choose different passwords for accessing different applications. This service is mandatory for such applications, which can’t ask you the verification codes.
For Example : You can create separate password for accessing,
1. For accessing Google Services on Android, iPhone, or Blackberry
2. To Log-in to Android Market from your Mobile Phone or Tablet PC
3. To Sign-in on Chat Clients like GTalk, Aim etc.
4. To Log-in on E-Mail Clients like Microsoft Outlook, Thunderbird etc.
5. To Sync Chrome (between Android and Desktop), and so on.
We often use computer at a friend’s home, in Office, College and in Cyber Cafe. But we can’t rely on the security of that system. There could be key-loggers or Trojan Horses installed on it, which can record your each activity and send it to the wrong hands.
Please note Keyloggers have nothing to do with the strong password. They can record all your activities, including usernames, passwords, and what sites you have accessed etc.
To overcome this thing, Google provides an extra layer of security known as 2-Step Verification. After activating this service, first of all you need to enter your login credentials and thereafter, you need to verify the login by the security code received on your mobile phone.
To activate Google 2-Step Verification, you can follow these steps :
1. Sign in to your Google Account
2. Click on your Username
3. Go to the Account Settings
4. On the Account Settings page, you will get an option by the name “Using 2-step verification”. Click on the edit button.
5. Click on Start Setup
6. Select Country, Update your Mobile Phone Number and Send code button.
7. Enter and verify the code received on your mobile phone.
8. Remember Cookie on Computer for 30 Days :
If you are using 2-Step Google Services at your home itself, then this 2-step verification could be annoying. So to get rid of this, you can tick on the option “Remember this computer for 30 days”. This option will save a cookie in the browser for 30 days.
9. Turn On 2-Step Verification :
So your 2-Step verification has been successfully setup.
Now whenever you login to your Google Account (any google service), you will need to enter do this verification.
If you have an High Definition Television and thinking which DTH Package would be more suitable for it to enjoy the HD-Channels with superior quality, then you’re on the right page.
We will give you a little comparison among famous DTH Service Providers.
At present the DTH providers (like Tata Sky, Dish TV, Reliance Digital TV, Videocon D2H and AirTel Digital TV) are giving only a few HD channels.
HD Channels List :
1. NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC HD
2. ESPN HD
3. DISCOVERY HD
4. STAR MOVIES HD
5. STAR GOLD HD
6. Star Plus HD
The above HD Channels come with 1080i Resolution, 5.1 Surround Sound, and 16:9 aspect ratio.
Here is the Comparison between Tata Sky+ HD and Dish TV True HD+ :
Tata Sky+ HD :
1. HD Channels Subscription Pack is available at a cheaper pack [starting from Rs.150 per month]
2. One Year All Channels Pack is available at Rs.11016 with free Set-top box, installations charges
3. Tata Set Top Box costs Rs. 5990 with free 1 month subscription
4. Tata Sky Customer Support is very good
Dish TV True HD+ :
1. HD Channels Subscription Pack is available starting from Rs.375 per month
2. The Set Top Box price for Dish TV True HD+ is Rs. 2990 (Set Top box-Rs.2690 + Remote-Rs.300), which is comparatively low, but an external Hard-Disk drive is required to Record Live TV. (You can use any USB device from 2GB to 2TB)
3. Customer Support is poor
Other DTH Service Providers like Reliance Digital TV, Airtel Digital TV and Videocon D2H are also offering good High-Definition Channel packs, but TATA Sky+ HD is cheaper than all of them.
Google has recently launched a stable update to their Chrome Desktop Browser, with many added features and fix to a number of security vulnerabilities.
There are mainly 2 new features provided, Document Scanning and Omnibox Prerendering.
1. Download File Scanning :
Whenever you download something by using Google Chrome browser, Chrome will check the file in its list. If file is hosted on the Blacklisted Servers/Websites or appears to be an infected one, then Chrome will warn you that the file consists of malware or viruses. This new layer of protection also works for .exe and .msi extension files.
This feature is provided for your security, but if you believe that the file you are downloading is safe, then you can download it by selecting the option.
2. Ultra fast browsing via Pre-Rendering :
Google Chrome 17 comes with Pre-Rendering enabled. If you have activated the Pre-Rendering option, then it will appear that the sites you are surfing are loading instantaneously. To disable this feature, you can go to chrome://flags/ in the chrome address bar, and select Disable option under Prerender from omnibox.
3. Smooth Scrolling :
Google Chrome has provided Smooth Scrolling as an experimental feature, just like the Firefox 12 Aurora.
4. Security Fixes :
In terms of security, Google Chrome 17 has around 20 security vulnerability fixed, out of which a few were severe.
5. Synchronization with Chrome Beta for Android :
You can login into your Chrome profile, and share from PC to mobile, or from mobile to PC.
Please share your reviews after installing the new version of Google Chrome.