I received many queries from our readers asking about some method by which they can verify configuration of their system. Though I replied them one by one, but then I decided to write an article about it, so that more and more people can take benefit from it.
Speccy is a System Software, which provides full statistics about every hardware along with their Brand and Manufacturers.
For example, Speccy displays full information about,
* RAM (Random Access Mamory)
* HDD (Hard Disks) with RPM
* Graphics Card (Both Internal and External)
* Audio support
* Keyborads and Mouse
* Optical Drives and, every hardware of the computer.
Speccy also provides the temperature details about system hardware, so that the components could be saved from overheat.
Though this application helps a lot to the experienced users and administrators, but it can also help the normal users in daily life.
e.g. Before buying more RAM for your computer, you can see how much memory is installed, and how many extra slots it has.
Speccy is available in many languages, and can be installed on all Windows Operating Systems (32-Bit and 64-Bit).
To download Speccy, you can visit their official website (http://www.piriform.com/speccy).
Recently we have come across a problem, which is coming to the Joomla Developers. After installing Joomla on the localhost server, developers are getting the following error on all pages of their site.
Strict Standards: Static function JDatabase::test() should not be abstract in C:\xampp\htdocs\Joomla\libraries\joomla\database\database.php
Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 420
Strict Standards: Accessing static property JCache::$_handler as non static in C:\xampp\htdocs\joomla\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 422
Please follow the below steps in order to resolve this error :
1. Visit the localhost where you have installed the Joomla. Try loading the pages. On every page, you get the error like,
2. Then open the php.ini file, which is present in the php directory on your system. If you have installed XAMPP, then the location of php.ini file is “C:\xampp\php“.
3. Press CTRL+F to find error_reporting. First one is with the semi-colon (;) and second one is without the semi-colon.
4. Change that 2nd one to error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE
5. Set display_errors = off
6. Now go to your Control Panel of the XAMPP or WAMP. And restart the Apache Server.
Now all such errors are resolved from your site. For more help, you can watch the below video.
Note : You can add full security to your Joomla Website by purchasing the Joomla Guard.
If you want to upload any video on youtube, which is longer than 15 minutes, then upload it. But once you upload that video, Youtube will show you a message “This video has been removed because it is too long. Sorry about that.”
This problem occurs with the unverified youtube users. Unverified users can only upload videos of length upto 15 Minutes. So to bypass this limit, you need to have a verified youtube account.
Here is the procedure of verifying your youtube account:
1. Log into your youtube account. Then click on Upload button.
We receive number of emails from our subscribers asking, “What is the difference between 32-Bit (x86) and 64-Bit (x64) processors” ?
Well, after running a survey, we found it surprising that many of the people are confused about which type of computer should they purchase, what bit system they require!
I think this article may help those, who want to choose a correct machine, according to their usage.
As per our survey, most of the people are running 32 Bit operating systems. But as the hardware is going cheaper, their curiosity is also increasing about working with 64 Bit operating system. Now lets take a look at the differences between the 32-Bit and 64-Bit OS.
1. 32-Bit operating systems can run on both 32-Bit processors and 64-Bit processors, while 64-Bit OS can only be run on 64-Bit processor. 64-Bit processors handles larger chunks of data as compared to 32-Bit processors. This is the only reason that they are very fast as compared to the 32-Bit.
2. In a 32-Bit Operating system, the maximum RAM could be used is 3GB, while in 64-Bit Operating systems you can use as much RAM as you want (Starting from 4GB to 256TB). If you have installed more than 3GB RAM in the 32-Bit Operating System, then its properties will show something like this,
Screenshot on 32-Bit Operating System with 4GB RAM.
Screenshot on 64-Bit Operating System with 8GB RAM.
3. Although you can run most of the 32-Bit applications on 64-Bit system, but there are many programs which needs to be 64-Bit if you want to run them on a 64-Bit system. However in opposite to this, 64-Bit programs can’t be run on 32-Bit OS.
4. Earlier 64-Bit OS driver support was poor, due to which people were facing compatibility issues. But now most of the companies are developing two versions of each application (32-Bit and 64-Bit). So there is no need to worry about the compatibility in 64-Bit OS.
If you don’t use hevay applications and 3GB RAM is sufficient for you, then you should use a 32-Bit operating system. But if you use heavy and graphical applications like AutoCAD, Video Editors, Heavy Programming IDEs then using 64-Bit Operating system can give a lot of benefits.
You can also install most of the 32-Bit applications (not all) on 64-Bit Operating System. When you do that there will be two directories for the installed program files.
For example : In Windows 7 (64-Bit), you will see “Program Files” and “Program Files (x86)”. x86 is an alias for 32-Bit operating system.
The world is moving into a new generation of Computing, named Cloud Computing, where our all of our local hard-disk data goes at the online servers.
Cloud Computing is really fast, reliable and secure. Rest all you need to have is high speed broadband onto your network.
Cloud Computing are used from a small office to the large enterprises. Companies can grant access to the project specific employees so that different documents and files could be used in a collaborative manner.
Some of the example of Cloud computing are Microsoft Office 365, Google Apps, Zoho Docs, Salesforce etc.
Today, Google Docs and Zoho have already captured the online documentation and collaboration market, but we can’t ignore Microsoft Office 365.
Prior to Office 365, Microsoft has already provided many online tools like SkyDrive, SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, Microsoft Office Web Apps, Lync etc. And now with the help of all these products Microsoft can leave others (Cloud Computing Services) far behind.
If you want to know more about Office 365, you can have a look at the below infographic design from cloudhypermarket.
WordPress is a most popular blogging platform, and all wordpress developers want their plugin/theme to be in WordPress Extend Directory.
There are thousands of developers who design wordpress themes and plugins, but wordpress has number of restrictions if they want to upload their creation to the WordPress Extend directory, due to which many developers can’t post their products into it. This article will give a strong benefit to such developers.
Here are the key points you should remember while developing a plugin. You will become eligible to enter into the WordPress Directory, after implementing these steps into your product.
1. All the code in the plugin files must be unique. Files containing copied codes from other plugins/themes are not acceptable.
2. All the code in the plugin files must be visible to everyone. No obfuscated or encoded text is permitted anywhere in the product.
3. All Code must be virus free and doesn’t contain any malicious code in it
4. Adding or embedding ads in the user’s admin area is not permitted.
5. Selling the Ad-Space in the user’s admin area is not allowed.
6. Tracking users is not permitted
7. Use of iFrame is restricted to WordPress
8. If footer note (Attribution) is being added to the user’s website, then it must be optional and visible to the users. So that if they don’t want to show the footer text, they can disable it.
9. You must add the GPL License to the code.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
What is the need for Cache ? : Google saves a snapshot and copy of web pages in their servers, which could be accessed offline. There are lot of benefits of this cache. For example, one can vie the web page if the main server is down and so on.
Earlier this cache link was visible on the google search results page, and now its not. But it doesn’t mean that google has removed the Cache link from their website, instead, they have moved this option in the page preview.
To access the cached copy of a web page in google,
1. Search in google. (e.g. original tips)
2. On the search results page, click on forward button and then click on the Cached link to see the cached copy of that web page.
There is another method for getting the cached copy of a web page.
perform query in google search with,
And this query will take you directly to the cached copy of the webpage.
So now you can open a cached copy of any web page, anytime.
Google has challenged facebook with their new service Google Plus. If you have created an account with Google Plus, then you can get the SMS notifications for the updates from your friends and circles (At present this service is only available in India and United States).